Post a reply

Before posting, please read how to report bug or request support effectively.

Bug reports without an attached log file are usually useless.

Options
Add an Attachment

If you do not want to add an Attachment to your Post, please leave the Fields blank.

(maximum 10 MB; please compress large files; only common media, archive, text and programming file formats are allowed)

Options

Topic review

Ricardo

You must enter password there if you want it to be saved:
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
lupuslupus

Re: Save password disabled, despite master password set

I do following

  1. startup WinSCP
  2. select a Stored Session
  3. Click Login button - a screen opens with header "Password", message "Prompting for credentials..."
  4. Type in the password on the Password field
  5. click OK button - then the server connection establishes well showing client and server folders.
  6. Then I continue as previously described:
    I go in menu Session > Save Session - the Save Session As... screen opens
    and the checkbox "Save password (protected by master password)" is disabled

Did I miss the login dialog?
Apparently it does not work if you Save As a previously stored session. I don't see a reason why we should not be able to do it...
When I create a new session and then save as, then the checkbox is enabled...
martin

Re: Save password disabled, despite master password set

It is disabled, when you have not specified any password on the Login dialog.
lupuslupus

Save password disabled, despite master password set

--> How can I save a session and store the password with it?
I have set a master password in Options > Preferences > Security.
When I do Session > Save Session, the checkbox "Save password (protected by master password)" is disabled. Am I missing something?