WinSCP FTP explicitly send QUIT

Advertisement

michaelskoerner
Joined:
Posts:
2

WinSCP FTP explicitly send QUIT

Hi,
I'm using the WinSCP winscp.com to open a FTP session on a server, list the contents, and log off. When I check the FTP server, I see that the WinSCP client does not send a QUIT command when the session is closed. This keeps the session open on the server. So I added a "call quit" command to the script. However this results with the winscp.com throwing the error "Invalid access to memory", probably because the session is already closed

Is there a better way to send the QUIT from WinSCP?

Here is the command line:
winscp.com /script=test.txt /log=log.txt

Script:
option batch on
option confirm off
open ftp://user:pwd@site
ls
call HELP
call quit
exit

Client is WinSCP Version 4.3.4 (Build 1428) (OS 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Server is IIS ftp

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,035
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinSCP FTP explicitly send QUIT

michaelskoerner wrote:

When I check the FTP server, I see that the WinSCP client does not send a QUIT command when the session is closed.
This issue was added to tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/717

However this results with the winscp.com throwing the error "Invalid access to memory", probably because the session is already closed
This bug was added to tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/716

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum