GUI: Make resizable "WinSCP Login" windows - please...

Advertisement

stopsopa
Joined:
Posts:
1

GUI: Make resizable "WinSCP Login" windows - please...

I hope so that i am on right place to report a bug/feature... :D

WinSCP is one of most perfect designed and usefull program i ever seen, but there is one option that need to be upgradet. The "WinSCP Login" window needs to be resizable because it's not functional when somebody have long and wide list of saved sessions, example:

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

thanks...

winscp-resizable.jpg

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Guest

Re: GUI: Make resizable "WinSCP Login" windows - please...

How about that: <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
Other tabs can have inner box size as before...
How do You think?

I'm using this program day by day for many years and I really feel inconvenience of this "not resizable" window.

BTW: This program is really good job. For me is almost perfect, it simply have exactly what I need.

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,035
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: GUI: Make resizable "WinSCP Login" windows - please...

Anonymous wrote:

How about that: <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
Other tabs can have inner box size as before...
How do You think?
Thanks. Well, that's the obvious solution. Easy to do, but I do not like it.

My idea is to split the Login dialog to two. The basic one with just site/sesssion tree and basic inputs like hostname, username, password. This one would be resizable. And then separate (fixed) dialog for advanced options. This would have other advantages, not just the possibility to resize it.

Reply with quote

Guest

Really nice idea, but how about that making resizable in simplest way as fast as is possible and that You designed now in further future?
I think that this "not resizable dialog" distract meny people.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum