Upgrading winscp for TLS protocol

Advertisement

CraigMacArthur
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
Cape Town

Upgrading winscp for TLS protocol

I have a .net application deployed using winscp vers 5.1.4 via winscp.dll rapper.
One site we download from will in the future require at least TLS 1.1 protocol for FTPS.

I am assuming if I use winscp.exe version 5.5.4 this will take care of it.
Do I also have to upgrade the winscp.dll that ships with my .net application?

Thanks

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Upgrading winscp for TLS protocol

WinSCP supports TLS 1.1.

You have to use the same version of WinSCP application and the assembly.

Reply with quote

Guest

martin wrote:

5.1.4 is almost eight years old. Do not use it!
Yes, I realize this, thanks. And maybe this is the least of our worries at this version, but does 5.1.4 support TLS 1.2?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I realize this, thanks. And maybe this is the least of our worries at this version, but does 5.1.4 support TLS 1.2?
I believe it does.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum