Reset banner selection "Never show this banner again"

Advertisement

JasonScofield@verizon.net

Reset banner selection "Never show this banner again"

Is there a way to clear the cache so that all authentication banners begin showing again? Meaning, if you previously selected the checkbox for "Never show this banner again" for FTP sites, this would clear that setting and the banners would show again on the next connection.
Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Reset banner selection "Never show this banner again"

The suppressed banners are stored in
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\Banners]

michaelg68

Trouble skipping Banner

I mistakenly tried to select "Never see this message again" option and now I can't log into my companies server.

I tried deleting and editing the info in:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\Banners]
But if I view the logs, the system still says:
--- Skipping host startup message (if any).
Then the connection times-out and I get this in the log:
--- Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).
I think our system is setup to somehow enforce the startup message/banner (they are Gov't system) and skipping it just isn't a wise thing to do. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version but it somehow remembers that I want to "skip" the banner. I'm not sure what it does to try and skip the banner, but it's not working.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Trouble skipping Banner

@michaelg68: That's most likely a false lead. Your problem has most probably nothing to do with any banner.

Please start a new thread and attach a full session log file showing the problem.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum