Transfer empties the file

Advertisement

Maurice
Donor
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
New-Caledonia

Transfer empties the file

Hello,
I'm using version 6.1.2 and this morning I made a minor change to a .htm file. After uploading it to my server, I discovered that on the server it is now empty (size 0).
I tried several times after deleting the transferred file but it remains empty.
Any idea what's going on? Thanks for your help.
Mauritius

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Transfer empties the file

It's a common "bug" in many servers, that when the remote file system/disk/user quota is full, when receiving file, they silently create an empty file without reporting any error.
Please check if that is the case.

Reply with quote

Maurice
Donor

Re: Transfer empties the file

Well seen, that was it! For years the server created more than twenty statistics files each month. I only had to destroy a few to find space and solve the problem.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum