Hostkey in batch wrong, but why?

Advertisement

M'o
Joined:
Posts:
2

Hostkey in batch wrong, but why?

Hello together,

I am using WinSCP a long time, but on now I have a problem, which I can not explain.

My connection:
sftp://***_inventory_1:ABCDEF123@ftp.***.com
While connection WinSCP displays a warning with
ssh-ed25519 255 qWRVAHViZbYRiTIOB3+yjpMuNbAe/+TMvJuPSDVkedM
ssh-ed25519 255 85:6c:7c:b8:d2:38:6d:70:1d:6d:95:56:4f:76:76:b6
I accepted the host key and it was written to the registry.

With the active connection I copied the session code from the Tabs pane and inserted the lines into my script:
%WinSCP% ^
  /log="%ImportPath%WinSCP_%LName%.log" /ini=nul ^
  /command ^
    "open sftp://***_inventory_1:ABCDEF123@ftp.***.com/ -hostkey=""ssh-ed25519 255 qWRVAHViZbYRiTIOB3+yjpMuNbAe/+TMvJuPSDVkedM"" -rawsettings FSProtocol=2" ^
   "get %ImportFile% %ImportPath%" ^
    "exit"
If I ran the script, the host key is not working:
c:\ImportSkripte\Tools>WinSCP.com   /log="C:\ImportSkripte\BDI_KSTools\WinSCP.log" /ini=nul   /command     "open sftp://***_inventory_1:ABCDEF123@ftp.***.com/ -hostkey=""ssh-ed25519 255 qWRVAHViZbYRiTIOB3+yjpMuNbAe/+TMvJuPSDVkedM"" -rawsettings FSProtocol=2"     "get Inventory_1.csv C:\ImportSkripte\BDI_KSTools\"     "exit"
Gegenstelle wird gesucht …
Verbindung mit Gegenstelle wird hergestellt …
Authentifizierung …
Hostschlüssel passt nicht zum konfigurierten Schlüssel „ssh-ed25519 255 qWRVAHViZbYRiTIOB3+yjpMuNbAe/+TMvJuPSDVkedM“!
Fingerabdruck des Hostschlüssels ist ssh-ed25519 255 t1GezAJ13IFZWHLsONnqoFe3MCfbg4vItoftfDzmg5k.
Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen.
Have anyone an idea to this? WinSCP is the latest version 6.3.1
Thank you!

Kind Regards,
M'o

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Hostkey in batch wrong , but why?

  • Either your SFTP server is load balanced and each instance has different host key (in that case you need to list fingerprints of all hostkeys in your script).
  • Or you didn't actually connect to the same server in GUI.
  • Or the host key has changed meanwhile.
  • Or you are under MITM attack.
I any case, the -hostkey=* is a security flaw, not a solution.

If you need further help, we need logs. Both from the script and the GUI.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum