Synchonizing files that contain accent characters in filename

Advertisement

donr

Synchonizing files that contain accent characters in filename

I'm running WinSCP version 6.3.4 on a Windows 11 system with 64 Gb RAM. I developed a batch script that calls WinSCP and transfers a synchronized copy of my GoDaddy account to a local set of folders. Several files include accent characters, like Château du Lude.jpg.

I'm able to transfer files named like this (both upload and download) using the standard interface. When I use the batch command, it claims the file isn't there to transfer and fails. The XML report looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<session xmlns="http://winscp.net/schema/session/1.0" name="id_info" start="2024-08-10T22:16:34.872Z">
  <download>
    <filename value="/home/id/public_html/sites/RenameCastles/Renamed/Bamberg Castle.jpg" />
    <destination value="N:\GODADDY_BACKUP_6-28-2024\id\homedir\public_html\sites\RenameCastles\Renamed\Bamberg Castle.jpg" />
    <size value="284457" />
    <result success="true" />
  </download>
  <failure>
    <message>Cannot open remote file '/home/id/public_html/sites/RenameCastles/Renamed/Château du Lude.jpg'.</message>
    <message>No such file or directory.
Error code: 2
Error message from server: No such file</message>
  </failure>
  <download>
    <filename value="/home/id/public_html/sites/RenameCastles/Renamed/Château du Lude.jpg" />
    <result success="false">
      <message>Cannot open remote file '/home/id/public_html/sites/RenameCastles/Renamed/Château du Lude.jpg'.</message>
      <message>No such file or directory.
Error code: 2
Error message from server: No such file</message>
    </result>
  </download>
</session>
Although the log states it could not open the remote file because there was no file, the file was there. This is the basic appearance of the batch command that I'm running:
rem @echo off
C:\myapps\winSCPportable\WinSCP.exe /xmllog="C:\myapps\syncGoDaddyAcct\filelog.txt" /command ^
    "option batch abort" ^
    "option confirm off" ^
    "open sftp://mylogin_info" ^
    "synchronize local -delete -preservetime N:\GODADDY_BACKUP_6-28-2024\id\homedir\public_html /home/id/public_html" ^
    "exit"

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchonizing files that contain accent characters in filename

Please attach complete log files both from your script and GUI, showing failed vs successful transfer of the same file.

donr

Re: Synchonizing files that contain accent characters in filename

I thought I included a copy of the log produced with the batch file that I ran. I've attached a screen capture of the successful upload/download of an accented file using the regular Windows interface. Let me know what else you need.
Description: This shows the interaction with it successfully transferring a file that includes accented characters using the regular Windows interface.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum