Remote files deleted on transfer from Remote to Local

Advertisement

undoIT
Guest

Remote files deleted on transfer from Remote to Local

I've been using smartFTP and Filezilla for a while. I hadn't used WinSCP in a long time and decided to revisit. A lot of progress has been made. Gotta say, it has become my new favorite FTP client :)

I'm having a small configuration problem. I want to be able to drag and drop files to my local computer. This works, but it then deletes the remote files. For some reason I can't find the setting to prevent the remote files from being deleted after the transfer takes place. Any clues?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Remote files deleted on transfer from Remote to Local

What is your version of Windows? Have you read FAQ (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>)?

Reply with quote

undoIT
Guest

Thanks. It seems that sometimes drag and drop works with "Allow moving from remote directory to other applications" and sometimes it doesn't. I think that's why I turned it on at some point. Anyways, I'll have to wait and see when it stops working again and try to figure out why.

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Since 5.14, it is always possible to use drag&drop to move remote files to external applications, while copy is always the default operation.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum