Error - Message too long to send to a console

Advertisement

manustone
Joined:
Posts:
1

Error - Message too long to send to a console

Hi all
today I run a script from WinScp and at some point I received the following message

MESSAGE TOO LONG( 53006 bytes ) To SEND To A CONSOLE and WINScp exit with an error code.
What can i do to increase this buffer size? Is there any fix in place?
Thanks
MNST

Reply with quote

Advertisement

lcgonzal
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
argentina

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

martin wrote:

I have sent you an email with link to a debug version.

Please send to me this link for fix this error case.
by email or public in this topic.
Thank you very much for all!

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,036
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

lcgonzal wrote:

Please send to me this link for fix this error case.
by email or public in this topic.
Thank you very much for all!
Sent.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: I'm having this same issue

dgosche wrote:

Can I get the link also
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
Last edited by martin on 2013-01-10; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote

ajFA
Joined:
Posts:
1

Same issue - help?

Hi Everyone, was a fix released for this? I also am occasionally getting this error on a certain FTP server:

Copying files from remote side failed.WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Message too long (164199 bytes) to send to external console.

Do I need a debug version to fix, or were one of you able to fix without running a debug instance of WinSCP (note I'm using the .COM/.DLL plugin). Running inside a .NET console application.

Was the fix making a custom build from the debug, or is there some sort of setting to allocate more buffer space to receive messages from the server.

Thanks,
Austin

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,036
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Same issue - help?

ajFA wrote:

Hi Everyone, was a fix released for this? I also am occasionally getting this error on a certain FTP server:

Copying files from remote side failed.WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Message too long (164199 bytes) to send to external console.

Do I need a debug version to fix, or were one of you able to fix without running a debug instance of WinSCP (note I'm using the .COM/.DLL plugin). Running inside a .NET console application.

Was the fix making a custom build from the debug, or is there some sort of setting to allocate more buffer space to receive messages from the server.
Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

aldass
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
Lombard, IL

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

Can you please send me the debug version as well?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

aldass wrote:

Can you please send me the debug version as well?
I've sent you a dev version with a fix.

Reply with quote

alexd85
Joined:
Posts:
1
Location:
United States

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

martin wrote:

aldass wrote:

Can you please send me the debug version as well?
I've sent you a dev version with a fix.

Can I please get a copy of this dev version as well? (Winscp.com)

Thanks!

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error - Message too long to send to a console

alexd85 wrote:

Can I please get a copy of this dev version as well? (Winscp.com)
Sent.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum