SFTP error while setting permissions and/or timestamp

Advertisement

pedroreys
Joined:
Posts:
2

SFTP error while setting permissions and/or timestamp

Hi,

I've used WinSCP for a while due to its great scripting support. This time I'm trying to connect to a new SFTP server that we just built using WS_FTP.

Every time I transfer a file to that server using WinSCP, using scripting or the UI, I got an error saying the upload of the file was successful, but [url]error occurred while setting permissions and/or timestamp[/url].

As suggested by the error message I turned on the 'Ignore permissions errors' but the problem persisted.

I was using the 4.1.9 version of WinSCP. I then upgraded to the latest version, 4.2.9, and still have the same problem.

The log can be viewed here: https://gist.github.com/pedroreys/605440

Just out of curiosity, I tried to transfer the file using Filezilla UI and it worked fine.

Best Regards

Reply with quote

Advertisement

pedroreys
Joined:
Posts:
2

Re: SFTP error while setting permissions and/or timestamp

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the link. I have read it yesterday, but I tried the IgnorePermissionErrors flag and it did not work.

But, when I used the -nopreservetime -nopermissions switches, it worked like a charm.

Do you know what may be not allowing winscp to preserve the timestamp? As I said before, I'm using a WS_FTP server and if there is something I can change on the server to allow winscp to preserve timestamp will be even better.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Best Regards,

Pedro Reys

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

As you can see in the log file, your server seems not to support preserving the timestamp and/or setting permissions.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum