Save password disabled, despite master password set

Advertisement

lupuslupus
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
Belgium

Save password disabled, despite master password set

--> How can I save a session and store the password with it?
I have set a master password in Options > Preferences > Security.
When I do Session > Save Session, the checkbox "Save password (protected by master password)" is disabled. Am I missing something?

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,035
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Save password disabled, despite master password set

It is disabled, when you have not specified any password on the Login dialog.

Reply with quote

lupuslupus
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
Belgium

Re: Save password disabled, despite master password set

I do following
  1. startup WinSCP
  2. select a Stored Session
  3. Click Login button - a screen opens with header "Password", message "Prompting for credentials..."
  4. Type in the password on the Password field
  5. click OK button - then the server connection establishes well showing client and server folders.
  6. Then I continue as previously described:
    I go in menu Session > Save Session - the Save Session As... screen opens
    and the checkbox "Save password (protected by master password)" is disabled
Did I miss the login dialog?
Apparently it does not work if you Save As a previously stored session. I don't see a reason why we should not be able to do it...
When I create a new session and then save as, then the checkbox is enabled...

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum